How much does it cost to start a business? This is a very common question for first time business owners, the problem is this is a complicated question with no direct answer. Since I know you are probably looking for someone to give you an exact dollar amount, I will list a few of the most common startup expenses.
- Incorporation – $100 – You should be able to incorporate your business as an LLC in most states for under a hundred dollars. I suggest that you visit your state Secretary of State website to learn how to incorporate.
- Logo – $50 – You should be able to get a solid logo design for $50 on free lance websites like Elance.
- Website – $500 – This all depends on whether you know how build your own website, and how much functionality you need. It is certainly possible to build a simple website for $500 or less. You might consider building your own site on SquareSpace
- Business Cards – $50 – As a new business owner you will probably want business cards so that you can promote your business. I have used VistaPrint a few times for business cards and have always been very satisfied.
- Bookkeeping Software – $150 – I strongly encourage you to start with Quickbooks software right away. You should be able to pay for a 1 year license of Quickbooks for about $150.
ProjectionHub.com can help you project your cash flow for the first 3 years of your business.